Search This Blog

Tuesday 2 October 2012

Returning from Cornwall


We've just returned from another wonderful break in Cornwall. We visited our favourite areas of old; Roseudgeon, Church cove, Kynance cove and the Helford Passage. We both did a bit of drawing, Andrew draws only ocasionally but has the ability from drawing a lot as a child. 

Andrew's drawing of Bessies cove


I don't draw with the intention of making a finished pencil sketch as a final piece, my drawings are reference for paintings. I generally look out for seascapes, simple sailboats, rolling hills and the overgrown hedges between. I enjoy looking for unusual, quirky or old things that take my eye in junk shops and on car boot sales and often incorporate them in my paintings. We have amassed an extensive collection of objects over the years. Andrew often uses some of my finds in his still life photographs and we enjoy seeing how differently we represent these finds. Here are a few pages from my sketchbook showing flower studies and a landscape.




No comments:

Post a Comment